2 mins read
PowerBright Dark Spot Serum
Living in Malaysia, many of us are concerned with dark spots or an uneven skin tone. The payoff for an outdoorsy lifestyle, is increased sun exposure, which takes its toll on our skin and commonly shows up as hyperpigmentation (the technical term for dark spots).
Why Does the Sun Cause Dark Spots?
The link between our skin and the sun is melanin. Melanin is a protein which gives our skin, hair and eyes colour. But beyond colour, melanin’s primary role is protection against UV rays – it’s our natural SPF! This is why the more sun we have, the more pigmentation issues we experience, as the sun stimulates our skin to manufacture melanin. What you’ll also notice is that your sun included dark spots typically appear on the cheeks and forehead, because these high points of the face get more sun.
There’s a new Pigmentation Trigger on the Block…
With a growing population and more energy consumption, comes more airborne pollution. And much like UV, pollution is damaging for our skin. In fact, recent studies show that rising levels of soot and traffic generated pollution cause a 20% - 25% increase in dark spots, adding up to 20 years to your perceived age!
This is why skin health experts, Dermalogica has introduced the PowerBright Dark Spot Serum. Designed to treat all forms of hyperpigmentation, whether that be from UV, pollution, hormones or skin trauma, PowerBright Dark Spot Serum fades dark spots fast, whilst preventing against the triggers.
Featruing the most advanced, results DRIVEN ingredients, PowerBright Dark Spot Serum fades dark spots instantly and overtime. This ultra-light, fast absorbing serum was proven to fade dark spots in just one week and reduce the size and number of dark spots over a 4-to-6-week period.
PowerBright Dark Spot Serum features the following state of the art ingredient technology:
- Niacinamide and Hexylresorcinol work together to reduce excess pigment in the skin, to fade dark spots and promote a more balanced skin tone.
- Shiitake Mushroom acts as a powerful skin brightener.
- Blackcurrant Oil and Peony Flower botanicals provide additional dark spot fading power for a brighter skin.
- Ashwagandha is used for its antioxidant properties to prevent against future dark spots and damage.
- Skin Shielding Actives protects against pollution-induced dark spots, while smoothing the skin to boost luminosity.
- Light-Diffusing Technologybegins to balance the appearance of uneven pigmentation within days of treatment.
PowerBright Dark Spot Serum is for anyone who wants to fade their dark spots and improve skin luminosity. It’s designed for daily use in your daytime skincare routine. After cleansing, apply one pump of PowerBright Dark Spot Serum and allow to absorb for one minute before applying your moisturiser. An important note to remember is that daily SPF is a crucial part of your skin defence programme with UV rays being the lead trigger for hyperpigmentation.